Every time I come back, Barcelona surprises and inspires me anew. Barcelona is like Paris, New York, or Tokyo – there’s always something to do, and you’d need a lifetime to do it in.
Barcelona is a city that can be enjoyed on all budgets! I’ve visited both as a starving student and with my husband on our honeymoon. While both ways to see the city were fun, there is nothing quite like cruising down the boulevards behind the wheels of a luxury car, or sipping champagne on a rooftop hotel overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- During our stay, my husband and I approached a luxury car hire to rent a Lamborghini in Barcelona, there are many agencies that speak multiple languages. Soon you will be cruising around the city, feeling like a true VIP in the vibrant, thriving, and quirky Catalonian capital.
- My husband and I let our Lamborghini rest one day and hopped on board a helicopter. It was my first time ever, and I loved it! The ride was short, just ten minutes from the city center to wine country. Our particular vineyard had amazing views of the sea and even offered cooking lessons and horseback riding! We were more interested in the premium wine tastings, which featured the famous Cava. This wine is particular to Barcelona and it is a lovely sparkling variety that can be drank all day. Trust me, we did!
- I love the theater, so I insisted on a trip to the Liceu Theater. It has a heart-wrenching and beautiful story. The original was completely burned to the ground during a find. However, it has been reconstructed thanks to a generous city investment and brought back to its former glory. I have seen a lot of theaters in my life, but they all wither in comparison to the stunning Liceu. You can even rent a room, which we did, and shared a fantastic romantic evening in which we felt like theater-goers of another century. It was truly magical!
- After my choice of the theater, it was my husband’s choice to choose a luxurious and exciting activity. What did he choose? Well, the Circuit de Catalunya of course! This is the official speedway of Barcelona. It wasn’t enough just to rent the Lamborghini and drive it around the city, my man wanted to drive an F1 as well! So he got behind the wheel and raced it around the circuit like a true speed racer. I watched from the stands, where there is a lovely bar! You can also rent spaces for private meetings, if you find yourself in the city on business and want a little adrenaline while you’re at it.
- While I don’t share his love for cars, my husband and I both enjoy a trip to the stadium! FC Barcelona is one of the strongest soccer teams in the world, and their stadium is certainly the most stupendous I have ever been to. We rented a FC Barcelona VIP booth in order to enjoy the game in the most comfortable way possible. We drank Iberico, Cava, and other delicious local wines and watched Messi dominate the field. They were playing against Spanish rivals Real Madrid, and ended up taking home the very important victory. Nou Camp is spectacular, and you must see it for yourself to truly appreciate its glory!
Barcelona is magical ; though there are sights to see in that city, I think it’s a city best enjoyed to just live in for your time there. See a site or two a day and for the rest of the day just enjoy the culture as a local-stroll, eat, sip and soak in some Spain.