Phuket is one of my favorite beach destinations. When it came to decide which place to go for a late summer, that was a quick choice. Last time I stayed at Six Senses Yao Noi, so this time I decided to come back to the very first luxury resort I experienced in my life (10 years ago): Banyan Tree Phuket.
Banyan Tree Phuket is an institution in Thailand. Very first luxury resort in Phuket, it quickly became famous thanks to the quality of its pool villas and received many international awards for its amazing Spa.
So I was super delighted to come back in that iconic place, 10 years after my first stay there (I encourage you to read my review). My partner and I spent one full week this summer there, in a gorgeous DoublePool Villa – the best room category – overlooking the resort’s lagoon. A dream.
DoublePool Villa by Banyan Tree Phuket
The DoublePool Villas didn’t change since my first visit, but believe me they are still up to date. Contemporary design, faultless finishing, modern equipment and an overall VIP feeling : this is what comes with a stay in such a villa.
On top of that, every guests of these villas are entitle to benefit from exclusive amenities : daily afternoon cocktails & canapés, complimentary minibar, full breakfast served at the villa, a dedicated butler available 24/7… Again, booking this villa category means booking dream holidays.
The resort was under a refurbishment process during our stay, renovating some existing entry-level pool villas and building a new set of intermediate villas, in a brand new area. We didn’t suffer from any noise or issue, as client experience is really the first priority at Banyan Tree Phuket.
What I especially love at BT Phuket is the proximity of the beach, a white sand beach with very few tourists – because quite exposed to winds. Also, BT Phuket is part of a large complex gathering multiple hotels and resorts – Laguna Resort – which includes multiples facilities like an independent Oasis Spa (very luxurious and affordable), a supermarket, some restaurants, etc. Very convenient.
Among all in-resort activities, you can play golf, tennis, enjoy swimming in the main pool or relax at Banyan Tree Spa with a 90min treatment.
What To Do Around?
Spending time in a villa’s pool is nice, but you can’t do it one full week. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other luxury things to do nearby.
- Walk along the resort’s beach until you reach the Dream Beach Restaurant. Funky, buzzy, loudy and full of young international people. A luxurious open-air party every night.
- Visit Central Phuket Mall for some luxury shopping. All major fashion and jewelry brands are there. Brand new and the place to be for any shopping addict.
- Chill on Thawewong Road in Patong city. Not glamorous that’s true. Not very chic that’s true. But definitely a good place to feel the local atmosphere, food, people and still enjoy a nice Andaman Sea view.
- Book a top-notch private yacht excursion with Laguna Resort to a crystal-clear island near Phuket. Koh Phi-Phi, Phang Nga, there are so many. Complete it with a romantic dinner at sunset.
- Learn how to cook Thai food at the Old Siam Restaurant in Karon with well trained and experienced Chefs. A true local and entertaining experience.
Stayed from August 24th to 29th, 2019 – Sponsored media stay.
The DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree Phuket opened in 2006 and are composed of 26 one and two-bedroom villas. I stayed in the DoublePool Villa #916 facing the lagoon, which public rate starts at EUR 495/night.
DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree – Book